We recognise that we are in a unique position to bring positive change, and we believe ESG performance is an important part of our fiduciary duty to our investors.
ESG is embedded across the entire investment lifecycle. We have set out below the activities we undertake at each stage to identify, measure, manage and disclose ESG risks and opportunities.
We are signatories to the Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI) (since 2015) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) (since 2019).
Our approach reflects our commitment to the six PRI principles:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.